Monday, March 17, 2008

My Bikes



My everyday ride is a 2000 Yamaha RoadStar 1600. Base model, black. I bought the bike used off a guy in Indianapolis in March of 2004. It had 27k miles on it and I gave $6k for it.

I rode it bone stock for the 2004 season. No bags, no shield, showroom stock. I only put about 1500 miles on it that summer.

In 2005 I put pipes on it. Samson Big Gun Slashers. 2.25" straights. Loud. I reluctantly purchased saddle bags in June of that year for a trip to Deals Gap. Hated the look, but damn, were they handy. They became permanent. Probably did 2500 miles that summer.

In 2006, the day before I left for Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown, PA, I bought a wind shield. Weather man was calling for rain. He got it right that weekend. 300 miles in the rain. I hated the look of the shield, but damn, was it handy. It became permanent.

At some point, I think in '06, I lowered the rear of the bike about 2.75" via the "grind and flip" method. I upgraded the rear spring to 1000 lb. I also installed some ISO Grips with the cool Stilleto bar ends.

In 2007 I finally installed a back rest.

In late 2007 I purchased an inner and outter fairing off a 2006 Harley Davidson Street Glide. I'm hoping to do the "Ultra" conversion at some point, but I won't get it done for this summer.

I HAVE to install a new front tire and rear brake rotor wouldn't hurt.

No comments: