Sunday, June 21, 2009

make that a 12 hour ride to OKC...

Just got a room in OKC. Not even sure how many miles we did today. Enough to keep us on schedule. Old 66 is slowing us down a bit. Missouri was good about directing you off the highway onto old 66, but then NOTHING! No signs... It should be better marked. We did run a really cool stretch in Missouri. Oklahoma however, we have run for probably close to a couple hundred miles. Nice pavement, scenic, and HOT! 103 in Tulsa. It was pretty miserable most of the day. I hate to say it was not enjoyable. But it wasn't.

dad just checked his bike, we did 490 today. Amarillo tomorrow!

4 comments:

Tab, Deanna and Jessie said...

That will be a short run tomorrow with only about 260 miles. You staying in Amarilo?

Bill Blue said...

I think we are gonna shoot for Albuquerque. I am burnt! I'm off to find a long sleeve shirt!

Unknown said...

Find a couple of light color long sleeve shirts and some good 70 SPF sun screen, and chapstick. You are going to wind burn too in in the lower states.

Charlie said...

I don't care how misserible it is, I would rather be with you guys then at work. I think that Bergner is sitting at your desk while you are out. . LOL