Tuesday, June 30, 2009

mile marker 41

Whenever I went 'truckin' with my Grandpa we were always looking for milemarker 41 on the way home. That's the New Carlisle exit off I-70. Man, was that the case yesterday!

Well, the battery swap worked. We swapped batteries back in Indianapolis and I made it to my driveway. I got home around 4:30 yesterday. I went back out later to put the bike away, it wouldn't start!

So that's the end of this trip. I'm glad we did it. I'm glad I got to do it with my Dad. I don't think the magnitude of the trip has really set in yet. Now that I'm not "on" the trip and I'm starting to think back and recall portions.... WOW! that was a TRIP! That first saturday in the car wash waiting out the rain seems so long ago. We ended up doing 10 days and around 4800 miles. It's gonna be hard for us to top that. Mexico? Australia? ;-)

No comments: