Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Trip "Out West"


So my Dad and I are taking this trip to California via what is left of Route 66. We have talked about it for years and we've both gotten to the point that we have enough vacation time to justify a 2 week motorcycle ride.


Originally we had planned to ride to Chicago and do ALL of Route 66. But, I think we are just going to head west and catch 66 in the St. Louis area. That will save us a lot of miles and buy us at least a day.


We plan to spend a night with my Step-Mom's sister in Springfield, MO and we have family in Los Angeles where we will probably spend one night, maybe two I guess. Other than that, motels. No camping. 500-600 miles a day on a bike, I want a steak, a shower and a bed. Call me a sissy. ;-)


The return route has not been decided. I would like to ride up the PCH to San Francisco and then bring 80 across NV and UT go through Denver, etc. But Dad has mentioned route 60 coming back through AZ and NM which looks like a really cool road.
Stay turned. I'll be discussing what I have left to do to my bike before launch, what I'm taking with me, what new products I'm testing on the way, etc.

No comments: